June 27, 2012

Good day!

Today has been a very good day so far.

First, I woke up rested! Second, I weighed in and lost 2.8 pounds this week!!!! So happy! That means I've lost over 25 pounds total and 21 while on Weight Watchers!! I'm only 0.5 pounds away from the 10% WW goal too. Third, I got released from constant chiropractic care! I'm now on an as-needed basis for appointments. Very excited about this for my wallet and my life. Fourth, I managed to make a delicious smoothie today for breakfast which I'll talk a little bit more about down the page. And finally fifth, my Xterra got almost 17 mpg on this last tank! It's still breaking in and this is the best mpg I've had so far. I know not health related but it made me very happy at the pump this morning.

I recently had a fleeting desire to go 100% clean on my food. I'd say right now I'm about 60-75% clean depending on the day. After thinking about it I decided I didn't want to give up shake on Parmesan cheese or my fage yogurts with flavor completely. I have however decided to cut out some of the more processed foods in my life.

First up on that list was my go to work breakfast of a fage yogurt (want to stop eating these every day, but still as snacks a few times a week probably) and an Atkins milkshake box drink. Mainly I want to get the Atkins shake out of my life completely. It's very processed with lots of chemically altered things in it from what I can tell. My goal is to be able to read all the ingredients in the food I eat. If one of those ingredients happens to be sugar, that's a food I will rarely eat but not deny myself completely. Perfect example is the fage flavoring stuff. It has sugar in it but it's not a bunch of chemicals. Anyway, I decided to try to make smoothies for breakfast. So far this has gone well! I've tried various fruits with spinach, protein powder, and almond milk which was ok. My main issue is our blender doesn't pulverize the spinach enough and I end up getting chunks of spinach up my straw. These have been ok tasting. Not bad but without a lot of flavor. Today I decided to skip the spinach and add some Greek yogurt. This was delicious!! I'll list the recipe below.

1 cup frozen strawberries (Wegmans has amazing frozen produce so I bought all frozen fruits)
1 cup frozen peach
1 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
1 container 0% plain fage yogurt
1/2 scoop vanilla cake protein powder

I let the fruit thaw a little overnight in the fridge and threw that all in the blender and pressed the button. OMG was it good!! It didn't make enough for 2 so I ended up drinking the whole thing. It was only 5 points!! I don't think I'll need the protein powder and the fage though so if I cut the powder it's 3. It's kept me going for 5 hours so far! Next time I'm going to add ice cubes to beef up the serving I think to make 2 drinks. I love this new found breakfast food I can make real fast and go with. It's pretty hard for me to find GF breakfast items that are low in points, healthy, and also grab and go style food. I'm going to plan out my week and put all the frozen ingredients into ziplock bags so it goes even faster in the morning. And this has eliminated my need for the processed foods! The frozen fruit is absolutely nothing but fruit that was fresh picked and thrown in a freezer ASAP. I'm really pumped about this and am going to get different fruits to try next week.

In other news I had a small victory over Vemily. She reared her ugly head last week during Zumba class. We switched to a dance class room that had mirrors on all the walls instead of the gym we has been using. I felt horrible about myself actually seeing how I looked. I thought I looked so fat and disgusting and also wasn't quite as good at Zumba as I thought I was. It was extremely distracting and I was really hard and mean to myself. Normally when this would happen I'd give up Zumba and go have a pity party ice cream to make it all better. That would then lead to me feeling even worse about myself. But instead I ran for 20 minutes after Zumba! This was my first real run since I hurt my back. I started out mentally harassing myself but ended up feeling pretty good about myself and what I accomplished. It was up near the 90's and I was drinking more air than breathing, but I accomplished more than my goal of a mile and I didn't quit. This week at Zumba even though I felt like crap I went and I thought I looked good! Vemily be damned!! I will beat my self hating tendencies!

Other good things that happened this week were that I didn't use a single bonus point all week on WW and even some days didn't use all my allotted daily points either. I also got 58 exercise points! That's an all time high for me.

Outside of the fitness world one of my goals from my first post was to be happier in general. I was proactive about the bane of my existence which hopefully will turn into something good. If it does I'll post all about it in utter jubilation I'm sure. Until then I can't really write about it though. I also stretched my ears back to 9/16th. I have been sorely missing my 3/4 inch beauties lately so this has made me happier in life and about my appearance.

All in all I think it's been a good week!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. same same from IG - just wanted to give kudos where it is due - you've been working hard lady and it shows! I love frozen fruit smoothies for breakfast, and will occasionally add 1/4 C millet flakes to the blending (it thickens it up, so you can add water to thin it back out) as the millet helps add some fibre and the carbohydrates help keep me full all the way till lunch.

    ReplyDelete